Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Eizabeth is a historical doll!

  1. #31
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by AnneMarie:
    Could it also be that Cole is already trademarked or something like that? Has anyone ever noticed that Samantha does not have TM or R after her first name? Samantha Parkington does, but not Samantha by itself. The other girls' first names are registered.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good thinking, but "Elizabeth Cole" did not show up in a search. Cole may be trademarked, but they could still reserve both names together.

    "Samantha" is trademarked for certain things, like the movie, girls' nightgowns, online quizzes, etc. The movie trademark application is dated 11/13/03. Does anyone remember when we found out about the movie? Maybe we should look at those a little closer from now on. [img]wink.gif[/img] (No sleuthing symbol?)

    Editing to add that I just found who has "Samantha" for dolls and accessories: Uneeda Doll, Inc. Wonder if AG has tried to buy it from them? Only thing I've ever seen by Uneeda is pets for the dolls that are listed on eBay.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 04, 2004 10:45 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nope, no Cole, except for cigarettes, medical instruments, car repair, tape measures, stuffed animals, bicycles, leather jackets, banjos, locks, dolls and doll accessories (unfortunately, from a company called Excite in the eighties), pocket knives, swimsuits, metal signs, medicine, furniture, and plant fertilizer. What in the world is Valerie Tripp writing about?!?! [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I don't think they would trademark them separately, because then her name would be written as ElizabethTM ColeTM. But it was a good thought!

    This doesn't mean anything, though. It could still be Elizabeth. But to me it just seems odd that they didn't trademark the entire name as one, and it makes me wonder if Tasha/Rebekah/Elizabeth are all the same doll. I guess we'll find out some time! [img]smile.gif[/img] If Rebekah becomes dead or abandoned at some point, I'd pretty much bank on it. As long as Rebekah stays live, it seems this would be Elizabeth Cole, because I don't think they would be working on two full-fledged historical dolls so close to one another.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 04, 2004 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  3. #33
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Melissa, I think they may have changed Rebekah to Rebecca. They have both names filed for but I just can't imagine them releasing two dolls with basically the same name. And both of the dolls are registered for more items than Elizabeth is, so I think that'd indicate that Elizabeth isn't going to be the same type of historical doll.

    Rebekah filing says that it was published for opposition on September 21st, 2004. Just thought I'd mention that, I'm looking at the trademarks now and just happened to notice that. I don't understand much about how trademark filings work, but if they were going to abandon it, wouldn't they have done it already? It was filed December 10, 2003.

    It looks like they had a lot more planned for GOML. The listing I just saw for it had posters, calendars, bookmarks, stationary sets, craft books, dolls, doll accessories and stuffed toys listed. It says the trademark has been abandoned though.

    I should be getting to bed [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img] , but this is fun! lol.

    Oh, I just saw a listing for doll named Keitra. It was filed in August 2002, published in June 2003 but abandoned in March 2004. Well, that kills my theory of them abandoning trademarks before the publication for opposition if they weren't going to use them.

  4. #34
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty sure Tasha was live for a pretty long time before it became "dead." So I don't know that that's an indicator.

    But I also think it's pointing to Elizabeth now, after thinking it would be odd for them to have two full-fledged historical dolls in the works at the same time. I think watching Rebecca/Rebekah and seeing if it stays live will be a good hint about who Elizabeth is.

    It *is* fun to watch and look! My only disappointment is that they switched trademark attorneys and it's harder to look things up now since this other attorney works for many companies. [img]frown.gif[/img] Their previous trademark attorney apparently only worked for them, and I searched for things under her name.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 04, 2004 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  5. #35
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just came across two listings for Coconut, both abandoned. And I just saw a listing for Kaya that has been abandoned. Then one for Hallie (doll and access) that has been abandoned, but another for Hallie(books)that is still live. This is weird.

    Just saw three more for Kaya, one dead and two live.

    Does anyone know more about trademarks?

    Editing to add: Felicity was abandoned? I just came across a filing from 1990 that was abandoned in early 1991. I wonder why that was. They sure have abandoned several dolls. There was one named Luisa (and Maria Luisa) in 1996, do you suppose that became Josefina? Josefina was released in 1997, right? From looking at some of their dead trademark filings, they sure had some neat ideas that I either missed out on or never became reality!

    I'd really better tear myself away now or I'll be sleeping through my classes. Night everyone.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 05, 2004 12:11 AM: Message edited by: littledarling ]</font>

  6. #36
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa:
    But I also think it's pointing to Elizabeth now, after thinking it would be odd for them to have two full-fledged historical dolls in the works at the same time.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the dolls have to be in development for so long, I wouldn't doubt they'd be thinking about two at the same time. But, if Elizabeth is a friend doll, then it wouldn't be odd at all for them to be working on both Elizabeth and Rebecca (if she's a full-fledged historical).

  7. #37
    Inactive Member sjdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That would be GREAT if AG made Elizabeth! If that evntually happens, I am digging in the dirt for change. Lessie MUST have her best friend, plain and simple. [img]wink.gif[/img] No two ways about it. Hehehe

    LOL about the Lessie underware story!

  8. #38
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Word just has a really hard time with proper names. [img]wink.gif[/img] The last names seem to be real last names. If you go on google and type in names like McIntire, Montoya, Parkington, Larson, etc. you'll get a lot of people's real names.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 05, 2004 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Elizabeth as a book prospect sounds like an interesting idea. For one thing her future is uncertain. She has only been in Virginia a short time. Will she stay in Williamsburg? Go to New York or go back to England? Could something happen ( like a meeting with a real historical figure) to make her father change his mind about loyalty to the King.
    Harriet would have visual appeal as a doll but lack it as a person. Her relationship to Addy verges on the Nellie Olsen- Laura Ingalls situation in the Little House books.
    The friends if the other historical dolls are not that different from the main characters . It would take more work for AG to create books about them.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa:
    But to me it just seems odd that they didn't trademark the entire name as one, and it makes me wonder if Tasha/Rebekah/Elizabeth are all the same doll. I guess we'll find out some time! [img]smile.gif[/img] If Rebekah becomes dead or abandoned at some point, I'd pretty much bank on it. As long as Rebekah stays live, it seems this would be Elizabeth Cole.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't it be strange, though, if they made an Elizabeth doll that WASN'T Felicity's friend? It would be confusing to people who know Felicity's books for there to be a doll by the same name that's not her "friend". It seems very possible that they could abandon the Elizabeth trademark, but I'd be surprised if they changed Rebekah/Rebecca to Elizabeth! [img]redface.gif[/img] I hope, hope, hope it really is Elizabeth Cole! *crosses fingers* [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •